Hallen D. Rosner has dual Bachelor Degrees from the University of California at Berkeley and obtained his Juris Doctorate from the University of San Diego Law School in 1983. While in law school, Mr. Rosner was both a member of the law review and a regional moot court representative.
Mr. Rosner handled his first California lemon law case while he was still a law student. Also during law school, he began working with one of the leading consumer advocates in the country, Professor Robert Fellmeth. Robert Fellmeth was one of the two original “Nader’s Raiders” and is a Professor of Public Interest Law at the University of San Diego and founder of the Center for Public Interest Law and The Children’s Advocacy Institute.
Based upon the success of his first case, Mr. Rosner continued to handle auto fraud and California Lemon Law matters, working with Professor Fellmeth before and after graduation from law school. Mr. Rosner was admitted to the California State Bar in 1983. Following graduation from law school, Professor Fellmeth and Mr. Rosner started their own consumer protection firm.
Ultimately, Professor Fellmeth returned to teaching on a full-time basis. Since then Mr. Rosner has handled over one thousand California Lemon Law and auto fraud cases resulting in many prominent published opinions.
Opinions published by a Court of Appeal must be followed by every trial court in the state. Thus, published opinions affect consumers throughout the state. Mr. Rosner’s published opinions include:
- Lewis v. Robinson Ford Sales, Inc. (2007) 156 Cal.App.4th 359.
- Graciano v. Robinson Ford Sales, Inc. (2006) 144 Cal.App.4th 140.
- Beeman v. TDI Managed Care Services (9th Cir. 2006) 449 F.3d 1035.
- Pacific Bell Wireless, LLC v. Public Utilities Commission (2006) 140 Cal.App.4th 718.
- Robertson v. Fleetwood Travel Trailers of California Ltd. (2006) 144 Cal.App.4th 785.
- Thompson v. 10,000 RV Sales, Inc. (2005) 130 Cal.App.4th 950.
- Foreman v. National R.V., Inc. (1995) 34 Cal.App.4th1072.
- Nelson v. Pearson Ford Co. (2010) 186 Cal.App.4th 983.
- Fisher v. DCH Temecula Imports, LLC (2010) 187 Cal.App.4th 601.
- Sanchez v. Valencia Holding Company, LLC (2011) 201 Cal.App.4th 74 (Currently being appealed to the Supreme Court of California)
- Joyce v. Ford Motor Company (2011) 198 Cal.App.4th 1478.
- Donlen v. Ford Motor Company (2013) 217 Cal.App.4th 138.
- Rojas v. Platinum Auto Group, Inc. (2013) 151 Cal.App.4th 997.
In addition, Mr. Rosner has litigated to trial and resolved numerous California consumer class actions.
Mr. Rosner taught Consumer Law at the University of San Diego, School of Law.
Mr. Rosner has served as a California Lemon Law conference moderator, given numerous presentations regarding consumer rights and warranty law, appeared as an expert before a California State Senate subcommittee, provided opinions on consumer legislation to legislators, and has been interviewed by Time Magazine on vehicle issues.
In 2008, Mr. Rosner testified before Congress on behalf of the National Association of Consumer Attorneys.
Recently, Mr. Rosner presented at the Marine Corps Installlations West Legal Assistance Conference, a three-day conference attended by attorneys from every Marine Corps base in California. In May of 2013, Mr. Rosner and Mr. Smith, in association with NACA, presented “Military Servicemembers and Auto Fraud – How to be Successful Advocating for Those Who Serve Our Country” to a national audience.
In 2012, Mr. Rosner was named the National Association of Consumer Advocates’ Consumer Attorney of the Year. Mr. Rosner was also profiled in the L.A. Times.
Free Case Evaluation
Call Us At: